Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Saturday 12 April 2014

This years creative journey.......

So last year i set up a little crafty group, a 'Craft Share' group so that myself, my mum, my adopted sister and niece could enjoy getting creative and maybe learn a thing or two while we were at it. Some things we could help each other with and somethings a kind person could come and enlighten us about. One of the first things we got help with was crochet. I have never crocheted before and had no idea what i was doing and really only wanted to learn how to make granny squares and flowers for decorative purposes. So a friend (who i have never met) on Facebook volunteered  her mum to come help us which she kindly did. She was a lovely lady and tried her hardest to give us some direction but myself and my sister felt like we were fighting a loosing battle by the time our get together was over. That said i persevered and so did my sis, my mum dabbled a bit and my niece too although with an impending arrival she had lots to thing about.

Anyway! This is where my journey went


I didn't photograph much of what i made early on but eventually had a play with this which i kinda made up as i went along, this eventually became an Autumnal brooch....


These slightly out of shape circles.....


and a few squares.......


But now with help from You Tube and books i am now turning out.....




I am so chuffed to have managed to get to grips with squares and flowers now i need to turn my hands to putting said crochet to use so the bottom squares are hoping to become a simple bag, one side now looks like this....


Sewing them together is another lesson in itself so I'm hoping that improves as i go along but for a first attempt I'm pleased.


I have made use of the flowers on cards like this :)


and back tracking at Christmas i made use of some of my squares and made this canvas for my nieces first Christmas, the colours lending themselves to some year round decor.

So persevering does pay off. Where is your creative journey leading you this year?


4 comments:

Maria Kitching said...

These flowers are great, hope whoever gets the card keeps them!!

Fotf said...

Ahh thanks Maria :)

Fotf said...

ahh thanks so much Baber that's so kind of you :)

Updated Gamer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.