Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Saturday 22 January 2011

More than meets the eye

It's been about a year since i got inspired in the recycling department. It's stuck and now i see more and more uses for supposedly useless items. On almost a daily basis i see more inspiration on the www. So here are today's creations, in part inspired by my fellow bloggers and the rest down to me.



This little brooch was made using a shrunken jumper. I played around and played around and finally after being inspired to have a go at making a material flower/rose settled on this. The picture doesn't really do it much justice, but i think you can get the jist.


This glass jar was covered with the sleeve of a previously recycled jumper the roses also made with other oddments from this jumper. I saw this idea here i think the idea of cute woolly jars storing your pencils or brushes is far nicer than just empty jars but then you know me and jars :)

And finally, no element recycled  this is also one of this weeks creations. Made using a fairy transfer from a book sent to me kindly by my friend Senta. All hand sewn and filled with sunshine, love and lavender :)


4 comments:

ShanaM said...

these are really cool

shanalmason.blogspot.com

Art by Darla Kay said...

Love these! I think recycle art is amazing, good job!

Beedeebabee said...

You are so inspiring with all these BEAUTIFUL goodies you created from recycled fabrics!!! OMG, I love everything...and how adorable is that brooch!!! Have a fun weekend creating more of your wonderful art! xo Paulette

Beedeebabee said...

...OMG, you're so sweet. I feel exactly the same way about comments from you...just the best! :D Paulette