Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Monday 27 September 2010

A minute here and a minute there

Today is my second Monday with my son in full time school. Monday is unofficially a housework day but i got so hot this morning that when I'd finished the bit of housework i planned to get done i moved onto some baking. I had been browsing Nigellas Christmas and found a recipe for Christmas morning muffins and wanted to have a go. I swapped the cranberries for orange and lemon peel and with the exception of changing the demerera sprinkles on top for golden caster sugar i popped them in the oven and left them too it. 


Here they are, i enjoyed one after lunch with a nice cup of coffee. I think i may swap the orange and lemon peel purely because orange juice and zest goes in the mix and maybe something less citrussy may contrast better plus the ingredients required specific spices and i used mixed spice and was a bit wary so next time i will add more spice :)

So before i go pick my son up this is a card i whipped up using some bought downloadable papers found here


Simple but effective i think :)

Not a bad day so far, i like the days when i get to do a bit of everything i enjoy, and yes i don't mind housework when i'm in the mood and that's negotiable right now lol!

No comments: