Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Sunday 13 June 2010

All kinds of Creativity


I guess this kind of sums up things in this house. When i stop and think about it it's been a hive of creativity since the start of the year. Much as last year was. I have been growing seed potatoes. Never grown them before and read all sorts online before attempting these. Did what was advised and covered the sprouts each time they came out from under the soil until that was i ran out of soil, bearing in mind i have two containers like the one photographed below. I think they look so healthy but i guess that's no guarantee of what will come about after they flower but mark my word if they work i will be attempting a second crop :)




These are some sunflower seeds but not your normal yellow ones, can't remember their name but these are a dark dark red so fingers crossed when they come up they will be big, bright and strong :)




These are some sunflower seeds but not your normal yellow ones, can't remember their name but these are a dark dark red so fingers crossed when they come up they will be big, bright and strong :)




This has also been a productive baking year so far. Above is one of many flapjack sessions. Currants currants and more currants. I do love them. The flapjack never lasts long which i guess is a good reflection on my baking. I've done cakes, and cookies which I'm practising as you may have already read for Christmas.

Below is my latest pudding, made from my head, not literally but that's where the idea came from. The picture doesn't give much away but just to show you. I made two in one weekend which is another good advert for it and Brett (my four year old) ate it too :)

Here is the recipe

Waffle Surprise 4/6/10

Out of my head recipe!

Packet of sweet waffles, toast each one and lay in the bottom of a casserole dish.

Later mandarins on top of each waffle.

Add some juice over the fruit.

Pour custard over the entire casserole dish and any remaining juice on top of that.

Add whipping cream on my case whipped Elmlea over the top of the custard.

Refrigerate until time to eat.




Any this is another type of creativity but there is much less of this. The paints, Crayola washable paints after some while they wash off of skin and Brett like many kids does like to rub his hands in the paint and make a right mess so this creative time is a little limited sadly but he enjoys it when he gets the opportunity.




One thing is that you get a great sense of achievement from all these creative avenues especially when the compliments come too :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Awwww, Brett is a little cutie!! You have been creative - love that pud recipe, it sounds delish. It looks like you are going to have a good crop of potatoes - there's nothing like home grown. For the first time in years I haven't grown any veg at all so its lovely to see yours thriving
claire xx