Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Monday 26 April 2010

Never too soon for Christmas

Ok you know how addicted i am to the candle jars now so this will come as no surprise lol. Bought this jar yesterday from the £1 shop so can't grumble at that and already had plans :)


I used the handmade paper (reasonable for a large sheet at Hobbycraft) and measured out the dimensions.Ripped all the edges and added small amounts of glue along the edge and then glittered them.
The decoupage is Paper Nation and coincidentally i had already pieced most of these together so was able to apply them to the jar with silicone glue.


All the way round i added elements of Christmas. Mary with the angel, a snowman, Christmas tree and lastly to finish off the back a robin.I added festive rub-ons above each decoupage design and then added some clear sliver sparkly snowflakes, spots for snow. To the lid i applied some more handmade paper also ripped and glittered and then a peice of white sparkly decorative trim.







So what do you think, got you in the mood. A little early i know but it's never too soon for Christmas and this is the time to get a head start :)

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what great Christmas jars. TFS.

Fotf said...

Thanks Rhonda :)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

I love Christmas, so it's never too early! Your jar turned out magical. Love everything you did to make your inexpensive find a sweet Christmas treat. Thanks so much for your lovely visit as always! Glad to know I'm not the only one. And to answer your question: Of course you can use it. Thanks so much for asking! Sending you creative blessings! :)

Unknown said...

I love it. I have been saving some jars, I want to get one done this weekend. Thanks.