Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Wednesday 28 January 2009

Januarys Child, well mostly...

Well we’re almost out of the first month of a bright and shiny new year; well one out of two aren’t bad.

What a month it’s been. Our son was three on 6th January. The celebrations were low key. We met with a few family and friends on the Sunday as my husband would be working for the best part of Brett’s day. Brett enjoyed the presents from us on the Sunday and then round two on his official day.

For the last two weeks we have cracked on with potty or toilet training with, touch wood Brett settling into asking and using the toilet and not relying on pull-ups. This week we started by sending Brett off to his nursery in pants but with a change of underwear and trousers. Fingers crossed!
28/1 Update, he came back dry!

The final of the three related to my son was the moving out of his cot and in with a bed. We had had a bed given to us sometime ago but needed to replace the mattress but we gained an extra bed and so it begins. I have to admit there is part of me that doesn’t really want to completely let go of that baby era but the strings loosen as time moves on and this is night two, night one took a bit of manoeuvring but it’ll all become more comfortable in time.
28/1 Update, day three afternoon always successful in going down but usually wakes shouting and crying, 2.30 am this morning and again at 5.30, gone down ok now but we’ll see how long it lasts!

Finally we have swapped our dinky toy for a grown up family car. All extremely impulsive but equally needy. Ours was getting a little cramped and consistently costly with repairs and impending over due services. We struck gold I believe in the sense of a highly sought after, reasonably priced, relatively new, bigger, all singing, all dancing Renault Scenic. Due for collection this week (today infact!) I shall be sad to say goodbye to my loyal dinky toy but excited to feel more significant and comfortable on the road. This is officially ‘our’ first car, no longer ‘my’ car which is a bit of a reality check but for the time being I will be the main driver and will enjoy the challenge. This afternoon (Sunday) I have already bought a fairy airfreshner and ‘powered by pixie dust’ decals. My husband was confused by my apparent delayed excitement and my ‘little things please little minds’ reaction to my new purchases but a little pixie dust goes a long way…


No comments: