Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Friday 12 December 2008

Christmas Time

Christmas is that time of year.
That brings with it a wealth of cheer.
Fires glowing all around,
as the snow falls on the ground.
Presents wrapped under the tree.
Are they for you, or are they for me?
Close your eyes and keep them tight,
as the magic of Christmas appears through the night.
One thing I ask you not to forget.
There wasn’t a single room to let.
In a stable there they found,
a baby boy lay on the ground.
So when you’re counting down the days.
Don’t let the true meaning of Christmas fade.
As you open that very last door,
who knows what this Christmas holds in store.


Kerridwen Jeffery.

5 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Hi Kerri, did you get the card? Just checking in case it got in the spam or something. let me know. Thanks :o)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love this one...I can always count on your blog to lift my spirits!

Fotf said...

Oh Senta what a nice thing to say.I'm glad my blog lifts your spirits :-)

kathy hare said...

Hello Kerri, your lovely poetry puts me in a festive mood!

I am glad you liked the illustration over on my blog, I have not got myself organised enough to have prints or cards to send out but please feel free to download and use the image. If you would like a higher resolution version, you could email me at white.kath@gmail.com and I will send you one.

Merry Christmas!

Fannie said...

Hi, Kerri! Great post! Love the music, too. Your blog is so festive. Thanks!