Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Practice makes better, not perfect!


Having spent many a minute or two or three admiring peoples work on the net i took it on myself to buy a book on drawing. I have always been into artistic, creative things but to be honest drawing hasn't always been my thing. My mum on the other hand has a wonderful folder full of drawings.

I asked my mum to get me this book for Christmas but yesterday could wait no longer and bought it myself. It is called 'Funky Things To Draw' and covers anything from fantasy to animals. Anyway this afternoon i got to play after i had got some more important things done and Brett was asleep.


This is my first serious attempt at a bird and a bunny and i can see that with practice i can only get better...

8 comments:

Dreamer said...

My goodness Kerri if those are your first attempt you can call your self an artist by the end of the week. Well done, I love them! Mum

Fotf said...

Aww thanks mum, your too kind :-)

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Well I think they are great!! Good work :o)

Fotf said...

Thanks Alicia x

Hello! said...

I think they are an excellent start!
And I also believe practice in drawing has such a fundamental part... If you find you enjoy it, you may want to check out a group called Everyday Matters

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everydaymatters/

Hope you will keep drawing! :)

Fotf said...

Thanks Gaia, stopped by to look at the group you suggested too, always looking for inspiration, time also, know where i can get some :-)

Timaree said...

You'll enjoy what you see at EDM. You'll find yourself trying to meet the challenges but these drawings are good already.

Fotf said...

Thank you Freebird, i missed this comment earlier and just noticed it today :-)