Featured post

Things that make you go hmmmm

So hi to anyone that's still out there following my little page. What have you all been up to in blogger land? So I thought I'd sh...

Sunday 7 October 2007

Halloween

Well you certainly can't miss that this so called spooky day of the year will soon be upon us. Personally I'm on my countdown to Christmas. Halloween and Bonfire Night stand between me and my favourite time of year. I'm not sure most of us understand the reason that Halloween even exists but it gives our children an excuse to dress up and generally parade around the streets accompanied by pumpkin buckets filled with sweets, oh yeah and an adult! Unfortunately i think knocking on random doors dressed as cute scary characters is not something we should be encouraging our children to do unless we accompany them. From what i recall as children we had one or two Halloween parties at home. A few friends, costumes and a glowing pumpkin or bowl of apples and we were more than happy.

Laughingly nowadays i turn all the lights off and wait for my sister to call me on my mobile to say she's outside the door with one or more of her children waiting for offerings.

So what scary things will go bump in the night this year?

No comments: